Old 06-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #214
CWood2
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I disagree on us not keeping Damon. We have some good prospects but they can't come close to replacing what Damon brings. He's the second best leadoff hitter behind Ichiro in the AL, if not in baseball. I would have no problem with the Sox giving him 40 mil over 4 years. However, early indications are that Boras wants 72 over 6, which is just insane. I don't think he will be in Boston next year, and I don't think we will do well without him.

I'm not sure about Millar. He's heating up so its tough to get rid of him right now, especially since Olerud is clearly not an everyday player. I think they'd love to get a young 1B like Adrian Gonzalez which could work because, from what I understand, Texas needs a catcher, making Shoppach a perfect fit.
That'd be interesting, especially since Shoppach is expendable with Tek in town for 4 more.

You're probably right about Damon too, I just feel more comfortable moving on with him if we have to since Boras usually gets his way and we have options down the road. We did draft his client in Craig Hansen though, but a lead off hitter of Damon's caliber is obviously more than enough leverage for a guy like Scott Boras.