Old 06-30-2005, 02:36 PM   #605
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Just heard on WEEI that Quantrill and Stanton have been DFA'd. Stanton will be picked up by somebody. He's just a victim of bad managing IMO. He may have been able to handle righties earlier in his career, but at this point he's a LOOGY.

His splits this year:
vs Left: .176 BA, .479 OPS
vs Right: .478 BA, 1.432 OPS

Yeah, I heard about this last night. I guess right after the game got called Joe called in Stanton and Quantrill and told them the news. I guess it was a pretty emotional scene in the clubhouse, and Mike and Paul packed up all their belongings and hit the road.

As for Stanton two nights ago, it was a case of bad managing because all Torre was concerned about was turning Roberts around because he hits .408 from the left side and only .206 from the right side. But when the pitcher you're bringing in has opposting righties hitting .478 against him, you're STILL at a disadvantage. Everyone was saying that Sturtz shoulda been brought it, the media was really giving it to Joe for that move.

I don't know what the hell we were thinking signing Stanton again anyway. He's not much better than Felix Heredia was last year. And the fact that he's there goto lefty reliever scared me since the winter.

Quantrill has just lost it totally IMO and apparently has had some injuries building up, mainly in his knee. I was so excited when we got him from the Dodgers two years ago cause I thought he would cure our bullpen problems but it wasn't meant to be.

Scott Proctor and Jason Anderson will be called up to take their places.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 06-30-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove