View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 06:49 AM   #613
Heel_Fan
Rookie

Heel_Fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Pared great sliders man. I have been playing with giants pro sliders but I had gotten unrealistic results, so I tried yours. Wow, I played a game Cards and Bo Sox, I hit well but the thing that got me was that the comp hit back to back jacks with Renteria and Manny. Never seen the comp do that before it was great. Better yet I never hit a home run that game. It was 2-2 in the 8th when Mabry drove in Edmonds, to give me the lead. So in the 9th I bring in Izzy who blows it. I have yet to blow a save in MVP until this game. I get the first out then they hit four singles to load the bases and I'm doing everything I can to warm up King but its too little too late going into the bottom of the 9th I'm now down 5-3 and Foulke gets me 1-2-3 for the save. What a game.

Then I tried them out in my A's dynasty. Wow again. I was playing the Jays with Haren pitching. He had good movement but terrible control. Second pitch of the game Rios parks it over the center field fence. I walk Catilanato (sp?) on 4 straight pitches. I've never walked anyone before unless it was intentional. Well I go out to the mound calm down Haren who then proceeds to shut down the Jays for the next 5 innings. They had some minor leauge pitcher on the hill who shut me down as well so going into the 6th I was down 1-0. I thought man the hitting sliders were maybe a little tough so I would adjust them, but thought I would play the game out first. Good call, as soon as their pitcher got a little fatigued in the 6th, bamn Roberts homers, Kendall grounds out, Chavez parks a mamonth blast, single by Durazo, then Crosby hits a monster shot. Now I'm up 4-1 and the manager comes out to calm his pitcher down, it doesnt work. Byrnes works the count to 3-1 and then gets a mistake pitch fastball that he slams into the center field seats. They bring in the relief who does his job and keeps me hitless in the 7-8-9 innings. Too late the damage was done and I got the win. Man, those were the two most enjoyable games I've played on MVP so far, and I've had it since it came out.

Pared thanks man, anyone wanting to try out these sliders work the count and be patient. You really see a difference in control between a Carpenter and a Haren. Good stuff. These sliders made Manny look like Manny, rediculous in the field bobbling balls and making errant throws, but a the dish he was a monster.
Member of the OS Rams Club