View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 01:37 PM   #12
ZekeRoberts
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Inflated passing stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaenuel
I will state this again since no one commented on it in the glitch thread.

The problem has nothing to do with QB Accuracy. When simming quarterbacks simply aren't getting enough recorded *attempts*. It is because the *attempts* are so low that the accuracy is high, but more imporantly why the quarterback ratings are through the roof.

Short of a patch there is no fix for the quarterback problem. Even if someone figured out a way to fix the accuracy percentages the quarterback ratings would still be over 200.
i read on other threads that adjusting the coach strategies for each coach might work to lower qb completion %s (and subsequently passer ratings)

so i went through and made the following changes:

1.) on the offense run/pass slider, i increased the pass % by 20% (many people have commented that the cpu sim engine simply doesn't give teams enough pass attempts)

2.) on the defense conservative/aggressive slider, i moved each coach 25 points (clicks) towards the aggressive side, to hopefully bolster each team's pass defense a bit (rush the QB, tighter coverages, i don't really know how these things affect the sim engine but hey i'm trying)

3.) on the defense run/pass slider, i increased the pass % by 10% to correspond to the offensive pass% increase (but i didn't want to leave the run defenses out to dry, so thats why i chose 10 instead of 20)

hopefully this will help create more realistic stats while somewhat preserving all the variation in different coaching styles...if anyone else wants to try this, it could only help to hear how others' dynasties turn out...i will post with results of my first season when i finish in (i'm guessing) 3-4 days

the max drive file with these coach slider edits is below... you can still be any team you want by creating a new coach of course
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA06dyntemplate.zip (444.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by ZekeRoberts; 07-13-2005 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added attachment