View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #477
Beantown
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

According to Drew R.(dont feel like spelling his name) Papelbon should be called up by the end of the season, and if Craig Hansen ever signed he though Craig would be up in September.

And p.s. I'm not one of the "hanley is god" sign holders, I'd rather see Pedroia, Edgar and Mueller than Pedroia, dgar and Hanley, because like has been said, Hanley isn't ready. Give him next year in AAA with a few call-ups for injury fill-in reasons and then he could probably take over the following year.

If the Burnett deal went through, and we signed him for the enxt few years, I dont think it'd be surprising if Damon was gone, because the team is supposedly high on Ellsbury, so you find a fill-in CF for next year and let Ellsbury start the following year...could be a decent long term plan.

Bunett would probably be like Matt Clement, a good pitcher with good stuff, who hadn't fully lived up to his potential, and then you throw him with Tek calling the shots and BAM he becomes the teams Ace. Or at least, that's what I'd hope would happen.