Old 07-21-2005, 02:43 PM   #584
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Back to all the Burnett rumors, the Sox were working on a 3 way with the Twins involving Arroyo, Mueller and prospects. It would get them JC Romero and send Joe Mays to Florida, landing Lowell in Boston along with AJ. The Fish aren't in love with Mays, and we don't want Lowell all that much.

Personally, I feel heading into the last days of the deadline, Florida is going to realize that no one wants Mike Lowell's contract and just figure out who can give the most for AJ Burnett. That could very well be the O's, but the Sox are willing to take AJ without a contract extension according to the latest rumor. I have a feeling it could come down to the wire, and that could favor us. Just a thought to kill some time until someone makes a big trade and starts this thing up.
The latest I heard is that the 3-way trade could include Millar going to Minnesota as well. I'm not sure why they think Millar and Mueller will solve their offensive struggles but that's their problem.

I think the holdup in this is the Red Sox reluctance to take Lowell and that Florida wants Lohse, not Mays. However, it's been rumored that negotiations are now taking place on the ownership level between Henry and Loria, who have a good relationship.

If the Red Sox can get Burnett, Lowell and Romero for Millar, Mueller and Arroyo, I think that's a deal you have to make.