View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Passing Troubles?Dropped Passes? Read This

Just recently I've tried something different. I have maxed out the catch for both the user and cpu. As a counter I've lowered QB accuracy to 10% raised awareness to 90% and dropped knockdowns and INT. to 15%.

Both me and the CPU will still have 2 or 3 wide open drops a game, plus the drops when a defender lays the wood to the reciever. There are now many more poor throws by the QB's especially when they are under pressure or on the move.

It could be my imagination(but I don't think so) by WR catch seems to do much more than just help receivers CATCH passes. The WRs seem to run crisper routes, track the ball better, and are more aggressive in attacking the ball (instead of often just standing there and letting the DB get the pick)

With the Awareness high and the knockdown low, I find the DB's making better plays on the ball, When they are in good position based on playcalling, there is very little of that supergliding across the field.

Also there are way more battles in the air for the ball by the WR and the DB since both are way more agressive in attacking and tracking the ball.

Some may want to raise Knockdowns up 10% or 15%(I may do so after I test a few more games) because at 15% defenders still missing a few too many balls by putting their hands in the wrong spot, but this is only when they are in poor position.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.