Old 07-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #627
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Tonight's game was "blah." Schilling's splitter officially sucks. I'm interested in seeing how Declarmen does though, perhaps they're showcasing him for a potential trade?! Either way, I hope he has more success than Meredith.
My prediction is that Delcarmen will be up so Schilling can head back to the rotation in a week or so.

I don't think I'm watching the same Schilling as you guys. He was very sharp in the 9th and made 1 bad pitch in the 10th. I've been very encouraged by what I've seen so far because he seems to be improving. His velocity might not be 94 but he's hitting the corners. His Splitter, admittedly, hasn't been great but do you really expect him to come back and be dominant right away? This is the first time he's pitched healthy since last summer, give him some time. He doesn't need to go on the DL, he doesn't need to pitch in the minors. He needs to pitch against major league hitters as often as possible. This team is much better off with a healthy and effective Curt Schilling.