View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #682
GBrushTWood
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

That was one of the better regular season games I've ever seen, as good as the 2003 Labor Day game vs. Philadelphia, and the 2004 Bill Mueller walk off game vs. Rivera.

Schilling was extremely shaky in the 10th. I just hope we can attribute that to being a little bit overworked in the last 2 days, because the Red Sox really aren't going far if he can't get guys like Damon Hollins and Travis Lee out. The old Schilling would overwhelm these guys.

How about Manny Delcarmen too? He was pretty nasty, and maybe he can somehow step up. I saw pretty solid command from him, and obviously sweet velocity, as he topped out at 95 MPH. The command is the big thing with his fastball though. The curve ball still seems a little shaky, and kind of a show-me pitch.

Obviously, Damon was outstanding. The catch he made is one of the better catches I've seen primarily because there's 0 margin for error. If he screws up at all, the game is over and they lose. Just perfect execution, and the home run was just a total 'holy f'n ****!' moment.

In addtion, they won this game IN SPITE of Manny Ramirez, who had his head up his *** all game long. I'm one of the bigger Ramirez supporters, but I wanted to chuck a brick at his head when he literally (anybody who watched knows I'm not exagerrating) walked down the 1st base line on a DP ball in the 10th inning.