View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 08:04 AM   #4
jdawg131
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Just played the most frustrating game ever

That sucks SpanishFly; I feel your pain. This weekend I was playing Race for the Heisman with my beloved Noles against Boston College. I came into the game 1-1 (Miami beat me 38-9) and they did too. I was dominating them in the first half; I was up 35-7 at the half. I started with the ball in the second half and was driving on them. I did a pitch to the weak side with Booker and he fumbled the ball. No biggie since I forced them to a three and out. They punt the ball and Willie Reid fumbles the punt inside my own 25. I hold them to just a field goal. After the kickoff, I start to move the ball again until I hand the ball off to Washington. He fumbles the ball when I run a HB Tackle to the right. The ball shoots 10 yards into the air and lands directly into the hands of one of their linebackers. I could not stop them from scoring a touchdown. My next possession, I run a play action fake; the entire defense bites and I throw a strike to Reid. One of the their linebackers comes out of nowhere and bats the ball into the air and a safety picks it off. Since it was inside my own 20 yard line, they score a touchdown on their next possession. I was starting to get frustrated since I had turned the ball over on my first 4 offensive possessions of the second half. On my next possession, I throw a bomb to Willie Reid; of course when he gets tackled, he fumbles the football. 5 third quater possessions, 5 turnovers; my 35-7 dominance was now 35-24 at then end of the third. That third quater was one of the most ridiculous quaters of video game football that I have ever played. I went on to win the game 42-24, but Booker had to fumble the ball one more time when I was driving. I ended up with 7 turnovers; 5 lost fumbles (I had two other fumbles that I was able to recover) and 2 INTS. It was pretty absurd.