Old 07-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
GAMEC0CK2002
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: so whats the secret....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
to stopping the one on one deep ball this year. my "stick skills" are coming around slowly to the new controller config. but i'm getting flippin' lit up in one on one situations in the passing game. last year i would drill the reciever with the big hit button as the ball arrived. thats not an option this year.

i don't know what the conservative defensive play on the ball is this year. is it swat? is it x? strafe and disrupt the pattern? right analog (seems to be terribly delayed)? how 'bout the white button(strip) ?
Play more Cover 2 or Cover 3 and keep your safeties back. Don't go for a pick unless the ball is severly over or underthrown and you're the only person that has a play on the ball. If the WR has a chance at it you're better off swatting it down. Another thing that you can do is slow the receiver up in his route if you're ahead of him. Even with the defensive PI maxed out I've only gotten flagged twice during the first year of my dynasty. And this is college football so it's definitely better to risk the penalty and lay out or impede the WR than it is to give up the easy TD. I recommend playing as the safety at all times b/c even with good AI teammates, they get fooled easily by the PA pass and it's near impossible to catch up once the WR gets 2 steps on you (especially if you're in man coverage). Hope this helps.