View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 02:08 PM   #25
slickdtc
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The NHL is back, do you care? (New Poll 7-28-05)

First off, I'm actually pretty surprised with the results. Currently, 75 people say they are ready to see the NHL come back, while 53 wouldn't care if it stayed away. At one point it was 17-17, and that disappointed me. I'm glad the "Yes!" is up.

And to address KBomber and Troller's comments. There are bad seeds in all sports. There are Yashin's in the NHL, just the same as their are Dampier's in the NBA. Guys who seem to play only for the money.

But to say that the majority of the players in the NHL (or any other sport for that matter) do it only for the money is downright bogus. These guys have worked their way up the ranks of hockey; from pee wees, to juniors to college or Elite Leagues in Europe, to the NHL. You can't be playing hockey that long just to get to the top to give up your passion and only play for the money.

It's not fair at all to label the majority of professional athletes money hungry jerks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove