Old 07-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #721
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrunwithVick
Miller got scratched just because? Or is there a reason to it. I mean even his last start he didnt pitch well. He got bailed out by Tek and the defense. If thats the case hopefully arroyos breaking ball is On because thats all he throws.
I have no clue. This is coming from my buddy who said he read it on the old SOSH board. I'm guessing he was a little sore. I doubt he's involved in a trade.

Speaking of trades, a caller to WEEI who claimed to know somebody involved in the discussions had this to offer. Take it for what its worth.

TB - Acquires prospects from the Mets(Petit?) and Red Sox(Shoppach?) Those were the 2 prospects mentioned. Could be more involved.

NYM - Acquire Manny Ramirez.

BOS - Acquires Aubrey Huff from TB and Mike Cameron from NYM.

Any thoughts? Personally I would do this trade in a second if I were the Red Sox on 2 conditions. 1) you're not paying a significant chunk of Manny's salary. 2) You're not giving up additional top prospects.

The Red Sox would lose some production overall but their lineup would be stronger top to bottom since Huff would solve the Millar problem. It would also free up some money since Cameron makes 6.5 and Huff 4.8, compared to Manny's 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove