View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Skerik
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35
Looking off coverage with the cone?

Ok, so far I think I like the cone system, but I have one major question. Does zeroing in on a receiver make the computer concentrate its coverage on that receiver while leaving others open? Someone in another thread posted that the V&P passing system has essentially always been there, but now you just need to click an extra time before passing to your receiver of choice. That made sense to me, until I was playing a game with the Eagles....

I had TO run a fly pattern down the right side of the field. McNabb rolled right, zeroed in on TO from the start of the play, and then at the last second flashed his vision across the field to Westbrook, who had run a circle pattern out to the left side of the play. The computer had TO doubled, but Westbrook didn't have a defender within 15 yards of him. Was this due to the fact that I exploited a bad defensive play, or the fact that I had zeroed in on TO and made the computer roll its coverage to his side of the field?

If the vision cone makes the defense roll coverage and overcompensate towards receivers you're targeting, it's a worthwhile addition that really has a lot of potential. If not, it seems like all they've done is make us click an extra time before throwing a pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove