View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #20
The Chef

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Stats from a game I just played...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
Thanks Chris !!! Your way of playing really sounds like a good alternative. I'm gonna give it a shot to see how it works for me.

Concerning the punt returns. I've got something that I do that seems to help part of the time, atleast it gives me about 1-2 seconds on occasion to field the punt and make an initial move. I've been able to get some decent returns but nothing outstanding. Seeing how EA does'nt care if your teamates block for you or not, I create my own block. What I do is take control of one of the outside blockers before the snap and run him back toward the punt returner (about 10 yards in front of him). I watch the direction of the punt and where the ball marker appears on the field indicating where the ball is coming down. During the flight of the ball I run that blocker toward the ball and try to position him in front of the nearest approaching defender. If it's timed right, the blocker will engage this defender and the punt returner slips under the ball with hopefully enough time to make a move. You still have time to call for a fair catch if the block is missed. Hard to explain but it does work from time to time. I know some people may look at this as cheese or unrealistic but so is the fact that punt returns are virtually 100% eliminated under normal gameplay. Like I said above, it works sometime and other times it does not. The longest return I've had thus far is maybe 25 yards with the average being between 5 and 10 yards. To me this is fairly reasonable.......
Has anyone tried adjusting the break block sliders? Im assuming that if you lowered this you may have a little more time to return punts due to the computers blockers getting blocked for a longer period of time. I would assume you could lower break block and make any necessary changes to the run block and or ability sliders if the running becomes too easy or something along those lines. Hope it helped someone, I would try this myself but still dont have the game yet.