View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #40
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

I am stilling playing NCAA and loving it. I've never gotten it before because I was such a big NFL fan but now I don't plan on getting Madden just because I won't have time to play two games. Maybe its just a fresh change.

The two games aren't the same. Forget dynasty and recruiting being totally different but alot of gameplay issues are different. The HFA and composure is something Madden could use as home field doesn't mean anything there. The ability to fight for yards with a RB or take someone down is very cool as well. The passing game may not be as cerebral but the short to medium passing game still requires you to read defenses properly. Let's not forget scrambling quarterbacks and how they add a totally different dimension to both offense and defense that is not represented in the NFL. I love calling rollouts and options.

As for PK, I respectfully disagree about Impact players being overdone. I think its great. The fact that they scare you and force you to gameplan around them is fantastic. I've always felt I could shut down a top runner in Madden quite easily with the right calls and the great backs in NCAA don't let you do it. I don't think they get that much of a boost in ability anyways, they are simply great players.

The announcers alone and atmosphere is also better. There is just something about the game that is fun, even when the other team's offense is running up and down the field on you.