View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #9
crusaderhoops10
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Is it possible to completely shut off the vision cone?

The vision cone is a step in the right direction, but at this stage it does not make the game more real. The amount of button pressing required is too much and if you have a bad qb, you will throw three picks a game.

With a.j. feeley, the only way to pass with the cone is by locking on to a guy, otherwise it is too hard with how small his cone is. This makes it impossible to throw a square out without being picked off. Once you lock on, the db is aware of where the ball is going and steps in an intercepts the pass everytime.

I do like the cone with better qb's, but my 'chise is with the fins and throwing 40 interceptions in a season just isn't real. I am not bad at the game either, I just like to be able to run all plays and not be restriced to only some routes because of the cone.

I am just tired of people complaining about others not using the cone because even huge sim guys like myself aren't using it but that doesn't make us arcade. I'm sure it will improve for the next Madden and I will use it but right now, it just doesn't suit me.