View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
in_theory
Rookie

OVR: 1
Poll: Best Madden of the PS2/Xbox Generation

Although I rarely post on the internet, I lurk a few boards and have come to really like a few boards concerning things I like, such as sports video games, and OS has turned into my favorite. I've wanted for a couple days to ask this poll, and hopefully a few people will post why they liked or disliked a certain year Madden. I'd expect 2006 to get the most votes, but I'm pretty curious to see if any other longtime football gamers have a different preference too.

I personally have to go with 2003, as it felt like a huge improvement over 2002, delivering fairly balanced play in both the game action and franchise mode (there was no horrible owner mode either). The flaws in 2003 were a lot more forgivable back then, considering they're the same ones we still see in 2006 (tackling, blocking, etc). The big complaints about it were the money plays and robo-QB... although they largely fixed robo-QB, there are still money plays, and the band-aid approach to fixing 2003's problems left 2004 and 2005 terribly unbalanced in some respects... 2004 had "jetpacking" receivers, 2005 and 2006 have flying corners and linebackers... they'd try to fix one problem and screw up something else. I can't even start on how badly they've screwed up franchise mode since 2003 without going into an angry rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove