View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
KRS-One
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 06 is such a mixed bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
1) I love and hate the passing cone. It offers a higher degree of difficulty that I like but then it takes too long to check off receivers.

2) I actually like the kicking meter as now it is not 100% fool proof and accurate.

3) When I play on All-Pro it seems unrealistic as my stats are through the roof. But when I play on All-Madden then the CPU has unrealistic stats. Sure there are sliders but I can't seem to find a happy medium.

4) I like the idea of Super Star mode but it just doesn't work as well as ESPN NFL 2k5's crib. Almost everything that is used in the mode is pointless....from the city map to the mirror, I am just not feeling it.

5) What is up with stupid sounds during a rain or snow game? It takes away from the atmosphere as I have never heard the sound of mini explosions of scrap metal during a rain or snow storm.

6) Speaking of atmosphere, I really love the NFL Films music but what really takes the atmosphere away for me is the crappy music played during the game. When are we going to hear real football music and sounds that we hear while at the game? I really think it's time for EA to lose the idea of trying to appeal to the hip hop and new wave teenie boopers of the world and stick to football!

7) Though the hit stick is somewhat gimmicky, it tends to grow on you when you need that extra yard.

8) Sideline reporter was scraped???? WHY?

9) Penalties and punt returns are still an issue.

10) Way too many picks by each side. This was extremely noticable straight out of the box so I am not sure how they missed this one.

I don't know, I love and hate the game at the same time. Once again, I think EA really didn't put forth much effort in the past year. I am concerned that the Xbox Madden 360 will basically be a port and thus it is no longer on my must buy list come release.

Thoughts?
Perfect Review....my sentiments exactly.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Advertisements - Register to remove