View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #874
VTek33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Funny how you're so willing to kick the man to the curb, yet, the Red Sox do not win the World Series in 2004 without Mark Bellhorn as the starting second baseman. I thought that every single member of the 2004 Red Sox would receive deity status among Red Sox fans following a championship; obviously, people let their own psychotic misplaced hatred get in the way of appreciating one of the true unsung players from the 2004 Red Sox.

Clearly, he's not the same player in 2005 than he was in 2004. I don't support getting rid of Graffanino for Bellhorn, though I'm disappointed to possibly see him finished as a Red Sox. Again, Pokey Reese and most other 2B in 2004 do not hit that home run of Lieber in Game 6, and the game winning home run in Game 1 of the World Series off Tavarez.
Spare me the sob story. Why do we play? WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME and Bellhorn has obviously not done that. It's a what have you done for me lately kinda' business, and he hasn't done anything. Do I appreciate his efforts for last year? Of course I do. Does that give him a free pass to play like **** and be responsibile for losses? No. You keep players that produce and get rid of the ones that don't. Stop focusing on last year and focus on this year.