View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #879
ILLCHILL
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTek33
Spare me the sob story. Why do we play? WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME and Bellhorn has obviously not done that. It's a what have you done for me lately kinda' business, and he hasn't done anything. Do I appreciate his efforts for last year? Of course I do. Does that give him a free pass to play like **** and be responsibile for losses? No. You keep players that produce and get rid of the ones that don't. Stop focusing on last year and focus on this year.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Exactly. I am forever appreciative of his clutch hits last year, and any WS member of the team who broke the curse will be seen differently as any other player by Sox fans, but does that give him an excuse to be garbage? NO! See : New York Yankees. Bernie Williams is sucking now, and despite being a CORNERSTONE of their dynasty, they are not picking up his contract, and he isnt sucking enough as Bellhorn even. You notice other WS members form this team dont get racked on, Damon, V-Tek, Mueller, Ortiz....but hey, thats cuz they produce in the now. If the kid who complained about giving Bellhorn heat had his way, we'd see Fisk behind the plate, Boggs at 3rd, and Ted Williams head floating around in left.