Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #977
GBrushTWood
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffysCliff
Unfortunately, Keith Foulke was also a victim to this. Hell, we even booed Manny. But hey, everyone wants to play in Boston, I mean, we are the best fans ever, right?
Yep, they're the greatest. Not only did they (I refuse to group myself in with these demented people) boo Manny, they cheered him more than ever a mere 2 days later! Now, THAT is f'ed up. Nobody will turn on you quicker than a Boston crowd, nobody. Boston fans might be the biggest front runners along with the most surly I have ever witnessed.
How common is it to see people relishing and literally taking delight in Nomar Garciaparra's injury situtation and recent struggles? I see it all the time and it's really pathetic. The guy was literally worshipped, yet his name is pissed on all the time. We should really be remembering all the good stuff that players like Garciaparra and Martinez brought to the franchise.

Instead, people can't accept the fact that a player would ever not want to play in Boston (even for financial reasons), and hate them for it.