View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
magnus
Rookie

OVR: 1
I just had a great game(!)

I was just about to give up on the game because I've been fiddling with settings more than I've been playing and haven't been able to get it right. Playing on All-Madden now with something that resembles Bill's settings, but are modified to suit me better.

I'm playing the Cowboys against the Redskins, it's 10-10 after the 3d. In the beginning of the 4th, the Redskins take the lead with a short pass that turned into a 37 yard TD pass to Moss. I come back with a field goal and then a long drive up the field to eat up as much time as I can and with 15 seconds to go, I finish them off with a 3 yard TD pass to Johnson. 20-17. Woohoo!

Of course, then they come back with a 80-yard pass down the field and tie the game with a FG. At this time I was cursing about Madden-rubberband technology. EA Bastards.

OT. I get the ball. Being pissed off, of course I throw the ball away. INT, Redskins get the ball, drive down to my side of the field and on first down(!), they attempt a 34 yard FG.

Now for the weird part.

They *miss* the FG. Let me rephrase: They *MISS* the FG!

It hit the crossbar. It's the first ever missed Fieldgoal I've seen in this year's Madden.

I get the ball back and a counterplay and 63 yard run by Julius Jones later, I win the game in OT.
Advertisements - Register to remove