Thread: frustrated
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #7
DH7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: frustrated

one more thing... regarding monopolies - my rant was a bit emotional and maybe I should link the monopoly idea to my point. The point about monopolies and EA is that now, they don't have to worry about polishing games and worrying as much about making a terrific football game because they have NO competition. If 989 (well maybe) and the 2K series were still around, it would force EA to really refine and polish there games more, because if their products were uninspired, like this year IMO, they would risk losing money and customers (imagine if 2k6was around and a knockout game?). However, they know that they have lots of gamers who are hardcore fans of football, and need their yearly fix (as well as casual gamers who don't really care about some of the problems I do) - so they don't worry too much about it. I guess if anything, I should put my money where my mouth is and not buy EA if I am that disappointed, but I love football too much.

PS - I have always been an EA Sports guy - I'm not a 2k series fan, never have been, so I am not trying to start a flame war.