Old 08-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #36
yahoo.com
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Holy!@$ Has Anyone Played Peyton Manning Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by knappyone
So yeah, anyways..... on topic.

I played against the colts the other day in my Browns chise.... get off to a great start vs manning, I intercepted the first pass of the day, and took it back for 6. Next drive, Manning drops back, and whack I nail him from behind with Chaun Thompson, Manning fumbles, and MR. Defensive TD himself, Brodney Pool picks it up and scores.... 14-0 a little less then 2 minutes into the game.

I go into the half with a 21-0 lead, Manning was something like 4-23 for 41 yards with 2 INTs and two fumbles in the first half.

I'm feeling good, my running game was going good, all was clicking. I march the ball down the field after the kick off and score a TD. 28-0.... then all went to hell.... Manning caught fire, I could do nothing right.At one point he completed 24 passes in a row.

Summed up, he put up 387 yards and 4 TD's in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and James rushed for another. At the end of 4 quarters it was 35 all. They win the toss for OT, and I'm feeling pretty good as their returner fumbled the ball, and then got knocked out of bounds at the 3 yard line. I'm thinking run for sure, so I go all out blitz, so of course they run a play pass, and Reggie Wayne is wide open, and basically could of crawled the last 50 yards for a TD.

Yeah, he pwn3d my ***.
i feel for u man i really do cause i've had many similar experiences like that playing madden over the years. But can anyone really expect to shut out the colts, chiefs, packers, pats, vikings, or any other team w/ a qb that has a cone that covers the entire damn field. the only way to preserve a big lead in the 2nd half against the cpu is to run the ball on all 3 downs and when on defense call nothing but zone/zone blitzes otherwise they get the ball and start cheesing the hell out of u (this is around the time i start kicking the t.v.)