Old 08-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #9
ChiTownKid
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Punt Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
Appreciate the replies. The I have a DB and and a RB (both playing their real life positions) as drop back blockers. THey have decent blocking skills. The problem has to be coded into the game as the blockers run back, stop & stare at the returner. They let the "gunners" run right by every time without flinching. They should at least make an attempt to block, even poor blockers.

THe audible solution doesn't work, unfortunately. I havent' set the CPu kick slider higher yet...I will try, but this doesn't seem like it will make much sense as if I do get a return, it will just cover the distance of the "extra" yardage from the slider adjustment.

Oh well...thought there was a EA fix or something of the like. Has EA ever done this? Release a patch for X-Box?
Increasing the kick slider will help. Out of the box, the CPU underkicks, and in doing so, screws up your blockers. They won't engage blocks unless the ball travels a certain distance. You have to increase the kick slider about 7 or 8 clicks just to get the CPU to kick as far as you do. Then you will see your guys picking up blocks. It doesn't solve the problem, but it definitely helps.