MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Deep Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Two things:

- Try Mudtigers sliders

- Pushing up, barely tapping the button, and throwing the ball early and in correct situations. I had the same issue you did, and I am finally getting a realistic deep ball. Some tips are make sure you throw outside or inside by which side of the CB the reciever runs by, and throw the ball as the CB is turning around. I have not had any success throwing bullets, but throwing barely tapped lobs has worked wonders.

Last tip: Try to stay away from the deep ball from the opponents 30 yard line to their goal line. It is hard to get seperation due to the fact that the lob needs distance and when you throw it, it tends to sit on the back of the goal line where your wirdeout has to slow down to get it.

Hope that helps a little.
I too was having problems completing deep passes but Millenium's recommendation of barely tapping the receiver's button could not be more true !!! When I started doing this about a week ago, coupled with precision passing to the correct shoulder I started seeing more completions on the deep ball. Nothing over the top, but it does have a realistic feel to it. The last thing I want is a game where the deep ball is a money play the majority of a time !!!

This years Madden has the most realistic passing game of any game that I have ever played (including NFL2K5). At first I was getting frustrated with non-existent deep ball and passes over the middle. About 10 hours in practice mode helped me conquer both of these. My passing percentage is more believable now and I'm able to spread my passes all over the field.