Old 09-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #10
Samantha
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Teams blowing up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
A lot of the players leaving are based on the roster you use. For example, the Commish has Gates off the depth chart. Since by default he is in a contract year, if you don't control the Chargers, his morale drops and there is no way in hell he'll resign. The same goes for players who are injured in real life, dropped off the depth chart in a roster file, and are in the FA pool after being holdouts, etc.

I also control all 32 teams, but the only thing I'll do is edit the depth charts before hand (so players like Gates aren't on the bench), and I'll also resign players...though only those who a team would NEVER let go (like a Tomlinson). Then I turn the CPU loose. If a player does slip through the cracks and is signed by another team, I'll just do a simple trade, because typically the team that lost the good player will have signed someone as a replacement.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say on this. Do you control all 32 teams, or deal with players like TO (when he walked out of camp) and Gates being signed to a random team in the off season.
I guess I would deal with TO being traded to a random team, like he was to Baltimore, then after that trade being nixed, to Philly. Wouldn't surpise me at all if he was traded again before his day in Philly is done.