View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #1
tedknick
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4
Steeler Franchise Oddities

Here are few things that happened in the playoffs and in the offseason following year 2 of my Steelers franchise.

1. In a playoff game at Baltimore, they have a 3rd and long. They complete a pass and I knock Moore out of bounds 2 yards shy of the first, I see the flag go up and the top of the screen says PEN-PIT. I'm cursing Palomalu right now(he made the hit), but nothign happens. Next thing I know, I'm asked to pick a defensive play and Baltimore is lining up for a punt. After I return the punt, suddenly the penalty from third down shows up, Troy Palomalu-5 yd face mask. They knock me back 5 yards on my return and the game moves on.

I'm assuming it's a glitch, maybe mentioned before, but I don't have the time to look through the glitch thread.

2. Free Agent signing period. I look over the available Free Agents and Rodney Harrison tops the list. I make offers to the guys I'm interested in and move ahead a couple of days. All of the sudden 3 days in, Donovan McNabb appears as a free agent on the top of the list. Did the Eagles cut him to make room for FA's? Can you even cut players at that point? You didn't used to be able to. It is possible that I totally missed him, but like I said, Harrison was at the top of the list then McNabb was.

3. Free Agent signing period, again. I'm looking for a QB to back up Ben and I happen across a rookie rated at 80. I check his background and it says that he was drafted 29th in the first round. So a team drafted this kid, then never signed him. I find that very odd. Whatever, Ben got hurt in the preseason and this kid went 9-11 for 141, 1td and 1int in his first start. I may use him over Ben.

Just some strange things I saw and was wondering if anybody has seen these or could shed some light on some other things. Thanks.

Ted
Advertisements - Register to remove