View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
woostopalypse
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I say EA should drop Tiburon for Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbrock316
It could. With any change comes the possibility of failure. I think part of the ruination of the NHL series by EA is just a general lack of interest in the NHL. Not flaming the sport, it's the truth. What motivation is there to improve for the better a game based on on a sport thats lacking, almost severely from where it once was, in popularity? I mean last year didn't even have a CAP option. If that were to happen in a Madden game, I'm pretty sure the universe would just implode upon itself.
Hey lets not have a NHL vs NFL debate. That's comparing apples to oranges. Despite what you may think EA's NHL sells very well. It has just been beatin by NHL 2k in the past few years. Unlike Madden, EA does not have exclusive rights to the NHL.

My opinion is that Madden hasnt changed since ps2 came out. All it did was give us lame gimmicks year after year. NFL 2k series gave us a breathe of fresh air with something new.

Now that EA has exclusive NFL and ESPN liscense. We better see ESPN like presentation. And a game that resembles the NFL. Not poor AI, mario running, cartoonish graphics, arcadish sound affects, and arcadish hits. If tiburons continues to not represent what the NFL is about. Sales will show it, than yes he will be fired.

[edit] After seeing the madden 2006 (next gen) video. I have to say they should reconsider their development team. Maybe even fire some people. The tackle animations are horrible. Player's jersey looks like it has bee dipped in oil. Physics looked chunky. And the football might as well be a beach ball.

Last edited by woostopalypse; 09-09-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove