View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
Aikman08
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why EA aggravates me sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
You do know rosters are submitted a couple of months in advance, right? You do realize that "countless people" aren't under any deadline to get the rosters correct, right? I'm sure you know that the likenesses and names are linked to the NFL PLayers Association, and sometimes memebers are not on the list EA receives. You can't compare the development team, who is under many restrictions and deadlines, to a kid who has all the liberties in the world to customize the game to his liking.

Not every consumer wants a SIMULATION of a the NFL. In fact, most of EA's customers are casual gamers who just want to pick up a game and play some football. Most of these details go unnoticed by the casual gamer.
The last paragraph of your statement is very telling. You are very right, that most gamers could give a damn about having the correct long snapper for the Dallas Cowboys, or having the correct depth chart and rosters. This is exactly the reason EA continues to give a lazy effort year after year in these areas, they know you'll still buy the game. As for these same tired excuses about restrictions, deadlines, NFLPA, oh and last years tornado excuse, why does the last EA update have players on the roster that were cut WEEKS ago? Again, I do not expect perfection, just not the same problems year after year.