View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #1620
Thrasha
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Yay! Let's act like Red Sox fans usually do when **** happens, blame the manager!

You guys are too damn predictable. Francona has not been bad this year. He hasn't been great either. All managers make mistakes. Every single one. Francona is fine. It's just for some reason (I happen to think it's because Red Sox fans are sick in the head), people need to find somebody to blame, and they take out their fat Garaputo aggression on the manager.

What happened last night was not even close to a brain fart for Francona. He brought in Timlin to get 1 measly out and go to the 9th inning. He couldn't even get one out. That is NOT Francona's fault. If any of you vultures are looking for someone to blame, it's Timlin.

Removing Wakefield before the 8th inning started, for either Papelbon, Timlin, or other guy in the bullpen is by NO MEANS trivial. Ergo, you can't truly criticize the manager for it. I prefer to criticize the manager when they make a ghastly boneheaded move that everybody in the ballpark realizes (Grady Little in game 7).
agreed

On another note: I just read on SOSH that we were offered Jake Peavy, at one point, for Kevin Youkilis. He was spouting off a list of players we were offered at one time or another, for Youk.

Has anyone else heard this rumor because it sure is new to me. If it is true, I'm sure happy we didn't pull the trigger....
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield