View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 10:46 PM   #1710
Thrasha
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Big assist goes to Russ Adams for this win. Apparently, he forgot he put down $1,000 on the Red Sox for the first few innings, then his bookie kindly reminded him what the deal was. What an assclown.

Ortiz is, as usual, a deity, messiah, savior, whatever you want to say, he's it.

BTW, Bill Mueller...what a choke job at bat he put forth in the 7th. Olderdude looked atrocious as well. At this point, I'd rather see Millar hit than him. He looks totally overmatched by any heat whatsoever.

I was about to write the eulogy for this team in the 6th inning, but they're still alive. I don't know how long they can continue to play with literally 2 productive hitters and question marks nearly everywhere else, but it should be fun at the very least. It should go without saying that this was an important win, but it won't matter unless they can score runs tomorrow.
One thing that is encouraging to see is that Ortiz might have heated up again, because he's been slumping for the last week or so. We know that seeing those Yankee uniforms usually brings out the best from Ortiz.
are you a SOSH member by any chance?

thank you Ortiz, MV-effin-P
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield