View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #8
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Gang Tackling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict515
And by that you mean, how much did the previewer get handed by EA to gloss over how basic their gang tackling system is?

I just don't see the distinction. I want cool 1 on 1 tackling animations which Madden has some of. While that goes on, I want to be able to bring other players in and stop the running back from driving forward while being tackled. I want Bettis to run over CBs most of the time and force the defense to play as a team and get multiple hats on the ball.

There is a distinction. In his mind gang tackling could be the current gen prescripted/canned 2 player animation. In our minds we could think what you are thinking.

Taking it further. We might have in our mind, ohhh real gang tackling would mean I do not have to WAIT for the RB to come out of an animation when he is being tackled by another defender, I can jump on while that defender is there too, UNLIKE current madden. He may think current madden does gang tackling well. But that's not what's in our minds when the word gang tackling is throw around. So yeah there could be a distinction and a big one at that. What he means by it in that preview we do not know. We do not know if he means current gen madden gang tackling OR what we visualize as real gang tackling. That's all.