Old 10-17-2005, 09:40 AM   #26
NovaStar
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Something about EA on the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
You're making it too complicated.

Casual fans that love football but don't know zip about the video gaming industry buy Madden just because they want to play football and have bragging rights over friends and what not. It's like a tradition to the majority of people. That's what I am talking about with being familiar with the game.

The casual videogamer isn't hardcore like us on here. I have a friend that buys Madden every year and gets a tournament going every year on New Year's Eve. He loves the game because it's football and he is able to use his favorite players and so on. Are you going to call him a blind EA Zombie or a Maddenite for that? If so, then you are in for a shock because the majority of Madden purchasers are in that mold.

That is why I have a problem with those calling people who buy and love Madden a zombie or whatever.

Nah P2K, I am not saying that at all. The fans I reference in my post are mostly guys I come across in forums, not the casual gamer out there. I don't expect them to know any better. But some of the things I read here, just baffle me because we here are more informed than the avg consumer (at least most of us seem to be). I just think a lot of hard core gamers let ea off the hook for a lot of laziness exhibited in the creation of their sports products. If you like ea you like it, I don't care about that, but ea infringed upon a lot of people that didn't like their version of football, and those people arent ready to accept what they perceive to be a deficient game that they are somewhat forced to buy (forced if you want play nfl football). Some people call it 2k fanboyism, I call it sound consumer decision making when spending ones money for a game.