View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #17
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: Isnt next year ALWAYS the "break out year" for EA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Couldn't agree with you more. I think our difference is that I choose not to compromise my expectations based on EA's focus on marketshare. The reality is what it is - it's a business. But if McDonalds suddenly started using a lower grade of beef because it made better business sense to them, it'd be my perogative to eat elsewhere. And thus we come full circle back to the fact that there really isn't an alternative to turn to when we're talking about this particular situation with the NFL. I don't think people mean to beat a dead horse, it's just that so many of the things we try to discuss are inter-related. It's sometimes hard discussing one without giving perspective on the other.
But you can't buy a Big Mac anywhere else but McDonald's. The NFL is like the special sauce you like so much on the Big Mac. Or maybe the NFL is the bun. You have other choices, they just may not be the Big Mac, or the NFL in regards to Madden. Blitz is an alternative. The Take Two football game is an alternative. BTW, EA is not suddenly lowering the quality of its games, just not advancing them as fast as everybody would like.