Old 10-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #20
ufer2
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: this is the most frustrating sports title I have ever played

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I have never tried with it off so maybe all you guys are right but it hasn't really bothered me. I wonder how many of the people that turn of HFA are XBox vs. PS2 owners since their seems to be a difference (in dropped passes).

Anyway, I would guess HFA seems to be a 10 point advantage in this game for the home team. In my first year I went into LSU with Ole Miss and beat them 17-13 on their own turf when they were undefeated with two weeks left and ranked #2. I finished 6-5 and missed on a bowl game but it felt great to upset their NC dreams.

Edit: HFA does seem to have a much bigger affect on the younger players which I find realistic. Young teams really seem to piss their pants on the road.
The strange thing is that I didn't feel that HFA was such a big deal in '05. It was a factor, but not the deciding factor.

I agree about the young players in this game. I play USF and Michigan in my dynasty. USF is young across the board and I had trouble on the road (just like in real life), but I was getting wiped out with Michigan (was behind 41-0 at the half at Wisconsin?!). I know Henne is young and so is Hart, but they've been in some battles too.