Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #54
coogrfan
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: New Madden Preview 10/31/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Once you’ve seen the stadium and called your plays you’ll finally see Madden NFL 06’s engine for what it is. And here are the facts; Madden 06 360 plays a lot like every other Madden and that’s a good thing. This “feels” like Madden through and through and I was glad that nothing had changed here.

EA has stated the game was being built from the ground up. But from what this guy says, the game plays a lot like every other Madden. So if what the previewer is saying is true, then EA upgraded the graphics engine, but left the game engine basically the same, which is what concerned me from the beginning. Some people don't have a problem with the way Madden plays now, but I have a big problem with the running game. Also, if what the reviewer says is true, mind you I said if, then EA has once again not come thru on their word. This is not flaming EA, this is just the truth. But again, all of this is speculation. So I'll wait to see for myself.
I don't see the inherent contradiction here. Where or when did EA say they where going to make a game completely unlike any previous version of Madden? Given their sales in recent years, they would be crazy to do so.

The PS2 version was a completely new engine, and yet it was clearly based on what they had done on the Sega Genesis. That was a plus for most Madden fans, because it made the new game feel both fresh and familiar. That seems to me to be what EA is going for with the 360 version as well.