Old 11-18-2005, 07:32 PM   #18
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Next Level Gaming Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
But if back in August "regular" Madden was getting 82's for reviews, everyone would be wetting themselves with anger. But because it is a stripped down version in a pretty new package, that is okay.
Yes and this new 360 version is getting about the same scores as the "regular" madden because as the reviewer (and other reviews) has said, the gameplay, graphics, sound and presentation are major upgrades while the game modes being removed is a downgrade so it should be rated about the same as the "regular" madden since they did some things better than some things worse.

As for EA stripping stuff out, while I don't like it, i've been through enough launches of new hardware (I'm an Atari 2600 guy) to know that it's pretty standard that the games at launch are often rushed and because of that things don't get in that were in previous games, although from what I understand EA's doing a bit more "cutting" than other companies in this regard. I'm sure EA could have held Madden off of the 360 until next year and had alot of these game options that were removed but I know me personally, i'd much rather get a next-gen game with great graphics, sound and gameplay and add the extras back in later as opposed to having no Madden on the 360 this year.

The era of a system launching with 2 games doesn't cut it. With all that being said the only game from EA Sports i'm buying because of this is Madden, the other games I'm buying are from Take Two (NHL2K6 and NBA2K6).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven