View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:18 AM   #4
Ram209
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Getting my 360 tommorrow.. Thinking about this TV.. i need opinions/advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Okay so I have a 36 inch Sony WEGA already that I bought 4 years ago. Its not a "flatscreen" but the screen is flat if you know what I mean. Its not bubbled out. Its not the HDTV model though.

Anways, I was looking for HDTV's under 2000.00 Ive got about 2,000 I can play with and Ive been looking at the HDTV's even before the 360 craze but im thinking its getting about that time to pull the trigger on it.. for all you HDTV peeps out there check out this TV circuit city has on sale (listed at 1999 but they have it for 1709). Its a Soney WEGA 42" rear projection HDTV. here is the link..im just looking for some direction..it will do 720 and 1080. Is Rear projection a bad choice for games? I just need some info from the HDTV peeps out there.. here is the link to the TV..

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

Let me know.....if there are enough thumbs up i think im gonna pull the trigger on it.
Ok the Sony is very nice, also a great TV I have a 42 Toshiba 55 mits, 40 SOny XBR(the biggest tube TV) ALso my roomate has a 56 inch Samsung DLP and my other roomate has a 52inch Zenith LCD. I know a little about TV's . Now to answer your question if you dont mind spending alittle more money or wating to find a good deal the best TV is the Pioneer Elite, they are a little more pricey but you get what you pay for. Also the difference in price is worth it. That sony is very nice, one thing about LCD's in genral they are REALLY bright TVs dont know how you like your picture but just a heads up.