View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #31
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Dirty Disc Errors

Some other guy posted this on an Xbox forum. Now this would make sense to me as it reflects what a lot of you guys are saying. This would also explain why I was able to play the game all week and no problems and now problems are starting to occur.

"I got them all the time on my old 360 and it was caused by leaving my discs in the machine when I was done playing or quitting a game using guide to boot to dashboard. Since 360 is a piece of ish hardware wise, the machine doesn't spindown discs properly and just slams them onto the dvd tray while they are still spinning. It's especially brutal when you boot up teh system with a game inside. It reads, then slams.

If you have a samsung drive, take a flashlight and look at the tray. If the plastic feet on the tray are worn, there's your problem. all my feet were completely grinded off and the plastic dust would coat my discs, but you need a bright light to see that patheticness.

I don't have the problem on my new one (never had any problem in 7 months) cos I do not leave my games in the system and I press the eject button when I am done playing. It's a samsung drive just like my old one and both were made within a week of each other."

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove