View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 PM   #20
thelasthurtknee
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Finally, a answer to all the picks...

go into practice mode. pick a pass play with a curl or a out. pick man d. throw the out route about 10 times and watch the cb thats covering the wr every time. this is where the route running ability and defensive play recognition come into play. the wr and cb interact different almost every time. you will learn how to read if he's truly open and how to throw passes on the wr's break. that is where they are most dangerous, when they make there cut on a route. watch the cb to see if there is seperation on the break and if there is throw it. i make bad reads, but alot less. the deep ball is tricky as you always have to lead and angle to the open shoulder. comeback routes are the trickyist route imo. cb's can break on the ball quick on this route and go house.

as far as the cpu throwing picks. SLIDERS. this game never plays good out of the box and never will unless you are playing against a human. everyone plays different and you have to find whats best for you. the int thing is a problem and you have to adjust the sliders. sn's are pretty good but too easy. try sportgamers24 heisman sliders. they are good as he moves all sliders down instead of up keeping balance but slowing things down and it helps your oline from giving up those quick sacks were you never get a chance to take a step.

good luck. i'm not great but i've gone from not throwing to loving to play with passing teams. the secondary gives you holes and makes glaring mistakes now also. in the past it was always the same coverage. now you get variations. run some playaction to the fullback against man. the LB mostly covers him but sometimes he bites if you have been running at him. wide open. this works with all positions and i get the te open alot down the center on playaction. use your rb's and te's to block. if they are bringing pressure use your extra blockers and hot route those players running usless routes too block.

oh yea. learn to take sacks! some times you just call the wrong play vs. the d that was called.