View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #11
Kramer5150
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: for those that are having trouble passing

Guys,
here's some results from my testing while OS was down. I just copied and pasted my original post,but I feel the same still applies.

Well,since OS was down last night,I decided to go into practice mode and conduct an experiment.

The experiment you may ask?.....I wanted to test the lob/bullet pass.
Let me tell ya....what I found was....well let me put it this way,my passing game won't be the same.

First off,lets get this outta the way....I've seen several post's of folks complaining that the "lead the receiver" option has been taken out....um no it has not,it's in....it's just (imo) folks need to learn how to pass this year,and quit relying on past tactics,that obviously don't work this year (thank god)

On to the test......I only ran out of the "I" formation,I believe the play was "slant and go", after trying my usual way (manual dropback) and tapping as light as possible (to no avail)I still couldn't get the proper elevation on the lob to my deep receiver.

I ran 10 consecutive like this,but the only thing that happened was 8 int's and 2 batted balls,and yes.....I tried leading my receiver,and nothing worked.

On to the second test...again same play,but this time I let the comp handle the dropback (which in case you didn't know....happens MUCH faster than manual) this time I was starting to get mixed results....some beautiful lobs WITH pushing UP on the left stick...again out of 10 attempts....4 were perfect,3 were int's and 3 were batted down.

Now,here's where it get's good.......I let the comp handle the drop back,but this time I used the pump fake,results?? 10 out of 10 ! perfect lobs to my receivers! I seen some nice animations as well,at first I couldn't believe it,then I tried my original method.....same thing I couldn't hit my receiver's to save my life.

The final test I did was controlling the dropback,and using pump fake....same result,all completed.
To sum this up...I'm not sure why this would be,but using pump fake seemed to get me the lob everytime,while the other ways I could not get it.

If you're worried about protection...remember the comp dropback happens quicker which gives you more time,just know your reads and have a couple of options planned before the snap.

Oh yea...don't be afraid to throw the ball away either
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove