Old 07-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #1001
cjonesfan921
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
I dunno, but I'm thinking Schuerholz must have something else cooking. Something that'll surprise us... hopefully a starter.

As for the Tex deal, you know we gave up a lot. I think Salty's the real deal. Andrus, still very young. Could be "the next Jeter" as was once predicted, but probably more likely the next Wilson Betemit... Feliz, very young, said to have arguably the best stuff of any of our minor leaguers. But you know what they say about pitching prospects... there is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

And Harrison (if he's the other pitcher) seems more like a back-of-the-rotation type to me.

Those are four of our top prospects, it's definitely a gamble. I'd probably feel a teeny bit better about the deal if we had been able to get C.J. Wilson added instead of Mahay, but still, I'm pretty stoked about having Tex in the middle of our line-up for the rest of this year and next.

And he's got Georgia ties (went to Tech, wife's from Atlanta) so we might have a better shot than some expect at re-signing him. And even if we don't, we'll still get some high draft picks for him, as long as we offer arbitration.

Anyway, I think Schuerholz is goin' for it (which is why I'm expecting some more action before 4:00 tomorrow). High risk, potentially very high reward...
Who knows? Maybe Teixiera will love his time here and give us a "discount" of sorts. I'm stoked though. Our line-up has no weakness right now from 1-8. I don't think we need another starter, unless you want to get a #5 and send Reyes back down. From 1-4 I think we are fine, as James and Carlyle have done a good job of late. Hudson and Smoltz are who they are, very good pitchers.
Advertisements - Register to remove