View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
Stain
Banned

OVR: 10
I'm sorry .. but Ye Olde Timer help needed ..

As you can see up to your left, I'm a loooong member here. I RARELY, very rarely ask help from the community. I've been around so long, I can remember when Nat was just a bump in her mommy's tummy.

Keeping that in mind, I couldn't find an obvious place to post this and I am truly looking for honest, informed and unbiased opinions of a community I consider second to none on the web.

I am currently in a situation where today is my birthday (42nd, August 3rd) .. and I am trying to raise my daughter on my own with no help at all .. no family, no mom, just me, dad. So, I get ONE game for my 360. Anything else would be irresponsible what with school clothes and supplies and cheerleading uniforms and such. Please help me with honest, not fanboy, opinions.

Please.

Madden 08 or Forza 2?

I enjoy both sports equally. I do not have an HDTV. I do not have a wheel, though I'd love to have one, I just can't justify the money for myself. When you are a dad alone, you just can't spend $130 for a peripheral.

If you feel strongly about something other than the two selections I have chosen, please .. I respect the opinions of those here. You guys are, quite simply and hands-down The Best Community There Is. It is why I turn to here for this important decision.

Please weigh in with your honest-to-goodness, unbiased opinion on the most bang for the buck .. because I can only get one. And, again, it's not predicated on "which ever one you like best". I like them both about equal. NCAA scared me away with the posts here about the turnover bug. If you'll notice my post count vs. my registration date, you'll see I keep my mouth SHUT and LISTEN to what this community says. I consider it gospel after filtering through the junior high chaff. I fully realize who the major players here are and, while reading everyone's opinion, I weigh things heavily in favor of the true heavy hitters on the OS forums and you know who you are.

Please, I'm asking for your opinion, just your personal opinion ..

This will have to last me to Christmas with only one game to play.

I'm a dad that is trying to be reponsible. Can you help a fellow father out?

My GREAT thanks for every opinion expressed. All will be read and devoured to the extreme and taken completely to heart. I even have the hope that ole Gimp Knee with the fatal Pistons fix might even weigh in. :-)

Truly .. and I mean this .. Thank You, one and all, for the time for your opinion.

Madden, Forza or something else for my one and only birthday present this year?

.. I'll be reading... every single response .. guaranteed ..

Stain

Last edited by Stain; 08-03-2007 at 06:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove