View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #14
quietcool72
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This is very said indeed another year of this.

I'm 0 for 3 with getting an online NCAA game beyond the 2nd quarter... drop city (yet my headsets retain a great connection with my opponent.)

The button lag in the NCAA 08 playcalling screen online is deplorable. Problem last year, problem this year. Getting real old. Offline, its kinda slow too. It doesn't help that MORE button presses are required to highlight individual plays instead of the - "oh...it just made sense" three plays that would be displayed as you cycled through the current gen playbooks.

But nooooooo..... we have to have the cute little transparent plays with the stadium pan in the background taxing the processor while we pick our individual play with the laggy selector.

Then there's the FG/XP kicking online with NCAA 08- real fun there, lemme tell ya.

And- now from reading what Pasta wrote, it looks like all that "fun" and more is back in full-effect with Madden 08.

If Gears of War, Halo 3, or Rainbow Six:Vegas played online like EA's football games do on next gen, the forums for those respective games would equate to villagers with torches, and review scores would slide into the 5 or 6 zone at best.

However, such is not the case with NCAA... where "Well, just play it offline" is somehow an acceptable retort from most of the community. (Note to MS: try that with Halo 3, and see how it flies!)

There's my rant.

Pasta, see you tomorrow in Orlando.