Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: CFL 1 pt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Since most people have grown up with the US rules, the Canadian rules see a bit odd to many. But if people were introduced to both games at the same time, I bet alot of people would prefer the CFL rules.....I think I would.
Not me. Three downs makes the pro game too similar. I don't watch much CFL but you see teams in basically the same formations, seemingly running the same things over and over (I know its not that simple but you get my point). You don't see much variety in the run game or in formations on both offense and defense. In college or the NFL you can see tons of different formations, different styles of run games (FB, 2 TEs, single back, traps, powers, etc.) and different passing schemes (west coast, 2 WR to 5 WR, etc). In the CFL you know everyone will line up with a ton of WRs in a spread or shotgun formation and the run game is usually a lot of draws. You basically see the NFL 3rd down package for both offense and defense on the field all game. I know a lot of people prefer the extra passing of the CFL but its just not for me.