View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #17
mr_president
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Everyone Chime in - Not a Whine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I agree with Tomb. Now I also will say the DB A.I in 2k needs some work but primarily animation work, namely to let you have more control over it instead of making the DB go away from the ball. I think both games need some fundamentals work especially with zone coverage. The one thing I hate with cover 3 zone coverage in both games is that after a few yards the DB just turns his back to the WR and QB and starts running. How can you know where the hell the WR is when you have your back turned and are just running up the field blindly? Both games need work in that department. But the thing that 2k does is that if a guy is out of place and beaten then you just have to accept it. He cannot get back over on some other route and make a play and that's pretty realistic. The thing that EA has done is if the CB is out of place and not even looking he can still get back on some other route that he should have no clue is even being ran in that area. That makes it feel like CHEATING instead of authentic DB A.I. Here is a classic example. Go to the bills playbook and call Singleback Tight Slots Drag Cross Ups Flipped.

Motion the right slot over to the left and give him a streak. Be sure the D is in cover 3. Now watch the CB. He's going to take off after the streak. You have a wheel/rail route the is going to come behind that, but it's going to be about 10to 15 yards behind it. That CB that chases the streak he never looks back at the wheel/rail route but if you throw it to the WR running that route, that CB will be there to either defend it or even intercept it. Yeah 2k's DB A.I is bad, but at least when a guy is beat he's beat and if a coverage is beaten it is beaten. But here they get the guys to cheat because people complained so much about certain routes. There is no way that CB should even be away of this route if he's running full stride with the streak. But like I said if you think you are going to dump it behind that CB chasing the streak you are mistaken. But alas, just go deep with a fast WR and you should get it. But it's just stupid for him to come back 15 yards to defend a route that is wide open.

I can get pass it and still enjoy the game, but it is not where it needs to be. If a guy is beat then he is beat. But because everyone complained about certain routes then now nobody can get beat per se.

well put LB and i agree 100%...

except it's much harder for me to get past it.....to see a well designed play executed to perfection get blown up by shoddy programming really bugs me.

Last edited by mr_president; 08-12-2007 at 02:52 PM.