Old 08-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #20
Bacardi151
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Next Gen Football...Puu lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
The unspoken truth about nexgen gaming is that we want Toy Story graphics for our new consoles and computers, but those graphics can only be had on the most expensive graphics workstations. There is no way we can get the kind of quality in the Madden CGI video of a couple of years ago on our 360/PS3. This sort of reminds me of my early days of computer gaming. I'd pick up a game box in the store, and on the back I'd see pictures of outstanding graphics, only to be disappointed when I got home for all my pc could muster was a flimsy 16 color mode.

We see some pretty neat stuff in the CGI videos that are a part of a lot of games. What we surely need for nexgen gaming is the workstation that produced those graphics. But I am certain we will not be able to afford it. The 360 and PS3 is the best we can have right now.

Our nexgen expectations are far ahead of what nexgen actually is. And that's probably our biggest problem right now.
Bubba4
Unfortunately a big majority of those expectations are fueled by marketing and hype generated by those same companies.

It's hard not to get swept up when this sort of hobby is shared by so many people. So you can either set up yourself up for disappointment with too high of expectations fueled by those external forces, or you temper those emotions and play the game.