View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #37
QB16
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Next Gen Football...Puu lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I'm sorry, but these next gen consoles are nothing more than xbox .5 or PS2.5...i mean we should be getting 60fps on ALL NG consoles, dynamic lighting,no stutter AT ALL! I dunno man, i just can't believe y'alls settling for this crap. i I've been a DIEHARD gamer since the ATARI days, and i guess my expectations are set WAY too high for Next Gen. Yall remember that screen of Strahan a couple of years back...they STILL haven't come close to those graphics imo...I can't believe they're callin' this stuff Next Gen...Rant Over
I agree with you 100%. And clearly, developers were not ready for the jump. Even with Madden '08 as good as it is, you can see some technical flaws that make you scratch your head... and that's on the 360 version.

Some people's expectations are too low; they are easily impressed by simple things. I admire those types, but I expect to get a lot more when I spend a lot more (even though I'm always getting deals and discounts, lol).

What really pisses me off is that games continue to hit the market that lack something we loved in previous versions or from the last generation. More than ever, I find that too much time is being spent on "new" features that are just gimmicks, unnecessary, or altogether garbage. Take the Weapons feature in Madden... it's nonsense. A person can slice it up 8 ways to Sunday if they like. I don't care; it's nonsense. When I turned the game on for the first time, the first thing I did was go into the gameplay menu and turn weapons off and I haven't missed it for one second. All EA had to do was make sure the guys play like they're supposed to, we didn't need more junk on the field so people who know nothing about the NFL can feel more comfortable, lol. With all the time and effort that went into that, what got neglected? It's anyone's guess, but progressive stadium shadows sounds like a good place to start. Maybe a tackle-breaking/bring down system? Whatever it was, Weapons didn't need to get any attention.

I don't know what the next generation after 360 and PS3 will hold, but I hope developers AND console makers get their acts together by then.